Room Types

Some resorts have just one type of room, which confusingly may be called 'Superior', 'Deluxe', or 'Super Deluxe'. Most bigger, newer resorts have several types of room, ranging from the cheapest 'Superior Garden Villas' to the 'Deluxe Over-Water Suites'. A 'Garden Villa' will not have a beach frontage, and a 'Water Villa' will be on stilts over the lagoon - and twice the cost.

More expensive rooms tend to be bigger, newer, better finished, and can have a bathtub as well as a shower, a mini bar instead of an empty fridge, tea- and coffee-making facilities (even an espresso machine), a CD sound system and/or a Jacuzzi. Smaller over-water accommodation is called a water bungalow, although the delineation of the terms water bungalow and water villa is fluid and largely interchangeable.

Was this article helpful?

0 0

Post a comment