Visas Documents Consent Forms for Minors

Every year numerous parents try to run away from the USA or Canada to Mexico with their children to escape legal entanglements with the other parent. To prevent this, minors (people under 18) entering Mexico without one or both of their parents are officially required to show a notarized consent form, signed by the absent parent or parents, giving permission for the young traveler to enter Mexico. A form for this purpose is avail able from Mexican consulates. In the case of divorced parents, a custody document may be acceptable instead. If one or both parents are dead, or the traveler has only one legal parent, a notarized statement to that effect may be required.

These rules are aimed primarily at visitors from the USA and Canada but apparently apply to all nationalities.

0 0

Post a comment